There are tons of DIY air mask, but this one is one of my favorite and most efficient.
You only need coconut oil, and aloe vera.
Doing your mask on “dirty” hair is more efficient than on washed hair. Therefore, the day you decide to wash your hair, do this quick mask just before taking your shower. I do not stir the oil and aloe vera together to make a blended paste, but I rather apply them separately.
- Cut about 10cm of an aloe vera leaf and squish all the juice out of it in a small bowl. The inside of the aloe vera leaf is very jelly. I use my blender to make it more liquid, so that there is more juice for my hair to absorb.
- I apply the aloe juice with my fingers by gently massaging my scalp and hair roots.
- I take about 2 table spoons of coconut oil (make sure it is not melted, but room temperature) and apply it on my hair. I start with the roots and work toward the ends.
- I put a plastic bag/wrap on my head to keep my head and hair warm and keep it this way for 30 minutes, up to an hour. The moisturizing effect is better this way. ( I use disposable plastic bags from grocery stores, because I find that disposable shower caps never fit. But, I recently found this one and its really huge and perfect if you prefer to have a special hair cover for your masks)
- Wash off the mask with your shampoo.
This combination makes your hair softer, shinier and boost your hair health in general.
Categories: Natural Beauty Recipes